Photo from Today’s women.net

Robert Munsch has an unique style of writing where they stories are enjoyable for children and adults. I love his animated style, his humour and I loved how my children often connected to his stories. I read to my children every evening before their bedtime and often a Robert Munsch book was selected as the evenings choice.

Robert Munsch is able to capture the imagination of children and address emotions and experiences in a way that resonates with children. Munschs’ use of repetition and lively illustrations make his books fun to read aloud, which created memorable experiences for me and my family. Robert Munsch opened the door to children’s literature for my children which then created a love of reading for them, I will always apprecieate that and treasure it.

According to the All About Munch offical website Munsch draws inspiration for his books through real-life stories and experiences. When Munsch is on tour, he is known for visiting schools where classes have written to him. He will arrive and present the school secretary with the class’s letter, then pay a surprise visit to the classroom. I found it very interesting that Munsch would rather stay in peoples homes rather than hotels. This opportunity of staying with people that have diverse cultures, and have different geographical elements make for interesting experiences and story ideas. Munsch also finds inspiration while traveling on airplanes where he will make up stories and share them with children (with parental permission).

Love You Forever is my absolutely favourite book. Often for Mother’s Day celebrations in classrooms this is the chosen book. I can not get through this book without shedding multiple tears. It is a beautiful story about the conditional love between a parent and child.

There are almost 100 books published by Robert Munsch!

Munsch has a unique storytelling style characterized by humor, creativity, and spontaneity, which captivates readers and keeps them engaged from start to finish. You will not go wrong when including a Robert Munsch book to your collection!