Low Tech Maker Challenge

Wearable and Moveable

Challenge: Make a wearable, including a moveable part.

Reflect: I created a memory bracelet. Each ring represented something I did from my bucket list or something amazing I witnessed. I added my initials charm, this was the moveable piece, it rotated around or flopped from side to side. This was a last-minute addition. If I were to continue working on this challenge I would like to add more to the moveable piece.

Big Idea:

Anton’s Arcade

Challenge: After watching Atons Arcade our challenge was to make a game where students could play and win tickets.

Reflect: We had a short time so part of our challenge was to work in a group and quickly plan, implement, and create an arcade game with limited supplies provided.

Big Idea:

Mid-Tech Challenge

3-D Printing Pen

Challenge: 3-D Pen exploration. This challenge allowed us to create using a 3-D printing pen.

Reflect: Creating with the 3-D pen came with challenges. I found the filament very difficult to work with but if given more time I would have liked to explore more. Using the silicon mats that were provided was a great starting tool.

Big Idea:

Mid-Tech: Lego Robotics

Challenge: With partners create a virtual pet using robotic lego, 3-D pen, and makedo screws for cardboard.

Reflect: Introducing our virtual pet Fredericton. He is a handsome fella. He is afraid of the rain, this is why he carries his umbrella and his vision is very poor and depends heavily on his glasses.

Big Idea:

High-Tech Maker Challenges

Am I a Maker?

I have always had some projects on the go. I love painting and creating. My creations depend on the season, in spring and summer I find myself making different flower beds out of rocks or making an easel out of branches and recycled wooden windows. In the fall and winter I find myself painting rooms or creating different pieces to hang up on my livingroom walls.