A topic that I have wanted to explore is photography. I have a Cannon Powershot camera, this is a simple beginner’s camera but I would like to have a better understanding of its functions and settings. I admit that I mainly use my phone camera for convenience, especially when I am hiking or adventuring, packing a big camera case can be difficult. I have had to replace this camera once before because I dropped it off a dock on a lake, this has caused me to be more cautious when I take it out.

Currently when using my camera I rely on the auto settings, this is where the camera uses a base for settings, usually the pictures turn out well, but there are times when different adjustments to the settings could change the look of the picture. In this inquiry project I will explore ambient light, camera settings, night photography and hopefully do some light painting.

In order, to enhance my photography skills I am relying on the direction of a family member who has been educated in photography and has produced many beautiful photographs. They have instructed videos and other informational tips that I will share when progressing through this inquiry journey.