What is a digital portfolio?

A digital portfolio is a great tool used to document students learning. Portfolios make classroom learning more accessible to parents, administrators. It is a digital platform that teachers can use to display students work and accomplishments

his week we were introduced to SeeSaw, in the Seesaw digital app students are able to draw, record, upload, take notes. It is a portfolio that holds studnet work digitally.

A quick video on Seesaw: An Introduction for Students

Seesaw

This video gives a in-depth explanation on how to sign into Seesaw, and a quick overview on how to use it!

Seesaw

My Experience Exploring Seesaw

When introduced to Seesaw I was a bit overwhelmed, which isn’t a new feeling for me when learning different technologies. Although I can become frustrated when learning new tech, it is a goal of mine that I want to understand different tech applications, so I can introduce them to students. We know that tech is always updating and evolving so I would like to continue learning.

These are a few examples of some of the activities in Seesaw that we explored! This app had a bit of a learning curve for me but it was fun to create!

This is an example of a quick recording I did during class on an All About Me Template (click the picture to hear the audio). This is a screen recording and I am still learning how to edit 😉

Would I Use Seesaw in a Classroom Setting?

I like the idea of using a digital portfolios when teaching. I like how it can be used as a communication tool for parents and guardians. I also like that you can use it as you go, Allie demonstrated how she uses it during class time and during outside adventure time. I liked how quickly she can upload videos to the platform. Creating a digital space where you can demonstrate students works is a great way for students to share their knowledge with their family. Although I know it would take some time to learn the ins and outs of Seesaw I would definitely want to include it in my practice as a teacher.