September 23, 2022

Topic: My experience using Social Media

I admit that I do enjoy some social media outlets. I have found myself scrolling through different reels, videos, or comments for a laugh. But I have found this can also be a time suck. If I fall down the rabbit hole of videos and all of a sudden, I look at the time and an hour has passed by, I then become frustrated for the wasted time. At this time my main social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. The main reason I have social media is for communication. Often many social groups use a particular outlet to communicate event changes or announcements. I also use it for when I just need to check out from what is happening around me and watch a funny dog video. I do appreciate outlets like Pinterest where there is a wealth of ideas for almost anything. For me Pinterest was very valuable when my art class went to online learning (during Covid) and I had to produce pieces of different medias of art from my home, finding examples through Pinterest made the process easier. As for creating content for views this is kind of lost on me. I do post some of my adventures but my accounts are set with privacy restrictions. Although I do often think about “what you put out there is out there forever.” So, I feel that I am fairly mindful of what I put out there in the world of social media.